Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inspiring articles for others to read

 Example provides for you in the way of inspiration, a good model to work from, a guide, etc.

 Phil Mickelson

golf with Mickelson

  The article that I was inspired by was on Phil Mickelson.The article provided a lot of detail that the reader could understands. I can see that each thought/quote is set up with spacings which allows the reader to slow down and value each piece of information. The author wants the readers to understand and get to know the characters in the story. I think in Ampersand I might use some of this writers ideas because it looks clean. You can see that the readers will understand the writing. Also, if the reader understands your writing they will then understand the characters and the story you are telling.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1188706

  This article is about a football recruit who picks the college he will represent. This article was found on the yahoo home page. This is a good model because it also demonstrates what I like in the Phil Mickelson article. The article puts important people in bold letters. This helps readers focus on those characters that are important to the article and if they want they can look up those characters and read more about them. the author uses bullet points to show another way to represent a story and important information. This article is a great guide for me to follow if I have important information I need to write about.

trader joes article

The thing that I most liked about this article was its catchy title. I like that it told me there were things I should or should not buy, without really telling me until I opened the article. It catches the readers and makes them want to find out more about what is going on. This is inspirational to me because I want my readers to read my article. I think that the important way to do that is to have a catchy title or subtitle. I am working on not making a hook so literal and more figurative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment